Object-Oriented Computer Aided Software Engineering (OOCASE) - Practical Leverage for the Knowledge Age.
Welcome to OOCASE
OOCASE is an object-oriented design tool for efficient creation of software and information systems. It is founded on a scientific theory of what information really is, if it is broken down into its smallest meaningful entities.
OOCASE makes it easy to create a comprehensive object-oriented information model that serves as design specification of the information that a user wants to create and work with. This information model is then used as input data to source code generators that automate routine programming work. With standard libraries for a particular programming language that provide standard functionality, it only takes a few days to build a complete high-performance application for a particular customer specific information model that can be down-loaded and installed by the customer.
Since the theory is very general, its is possible to generate source code for all common procedural, object-oriented and declarative programming languages.
You are welcome to download a demo application named DocumentDictionary on the Students tab.
DocumentDictionary is an example of an application that is designed in OOCASE and implemented with source code generators
that are used to quickly develop prototypes and client-application for customers.
When the information model is fully specified in OOCASE, it usually only takes 1-2 days to create an application for download and installation with application specific menu commands that also provides the functionality available in DocumentDictionary for the customer.
The purpose of the DocumentDictionary application is to:
- simplify study planning for students and collaborating customer teams.
- make it easier to search and navigate in studied electronic documentation that is stored on the personal laptop or computer.
- teach what an object-oriented information model is with a real application example to potential customers and students. By understanding more in detail what information really is, it is much easier to think efficiently when working with complex information.
- Make it easier for customers in project teams to by self studies read all specifications and documentation and share their own notes and comments on the documentation in a shared database.
If you develop software yourself or work as teacher or entrepreneur, our product catalogue is on the Products tab.
OOCASE is a kind of "UML-lite" design tool focused on class diagrams, however it is founded on ONE well researched scientific theory and does not suffer from some of the compromises made in UML to unify an industrial standard from so many different software modeling languages. The ONE theory approach makes writing and reusing source code generators much simpler.
Functionality in OOCASE
OOCASE builds on the theoretical core in all object-oriented software development.
- Information models are built with Classes, Attributes, binary Relationships and Inheritance.
- Graphical design is made in object model diagrams, with the same syntax as UML class diagrams.
- Copy/paste reuse of other information models that are stored in files on the workstation or are loaded from a team-shared repository database.
- DataDictionary with a library of type definitions for integers, reals strings etc and their implementation language specific definitions for the target programming languages that source code should be generated to.
- Menu commands for immediate source code generation of standard software such as SQL92 database schemas.
Unique functionality in OOCASE.
- Enables interactive work with large information models containing thousands of classes and tenthousands of attributes.
- Automated time and userid stamping on all created and modified model elements so the development team get documentation on who did what and when.
- Support for quality assurance with thousands of configurable standard checks that detect known modeling errors or documentation requirements for different project phases or types of source code generation. This allows the software designer to be completely free during the creative design phases, and have the checking rules point out modeling errors or missing information afterwards for quick interactive fixing in a design cleanup sweep.
- Support for documentation of manual quality assurance on every model element with timestamp and userid for checked by och approved by.
- Automatic support for full traceability to the original version of copied model elements and their heritage from quality assured releases of whole (library) information models. This is practical for traceability when making copies of modules of standardized information models supported by manually developed API libraries that are reused in many different applications.